Get Your Free Collection of South Devon Recipes
As beautiful as it is, South Devon’s unspoilt countryside and coastline provide far more than just stunning scenery. With our warm microclimate, fertile fishing waters, and expanses of fields and farms, it’s no surprise that so many top chefs and food-and-drink brands have located themselves here.
To celebrate South Devon’s culinary highlights, the Salcombe and Dartmouth-based team at Coast & Country Cottages has put together a freely downloadable cookbook that focuses on ingredients from the region.
The South Devon Cookbook contains 21 recipes from chefs at leading local restaurants and popular food producers, including:
- Our very own Jane Baxter
- Celebrity chef and restaurateur, Mitch Tonks
- The South Devon Chilli Farm
- The Well Hung Meat Company
- Riverford Organic Farmers
Jane contributed these tasty recipes to the cookbook:
- Baxter’s Brunch – a delicious twist on eggs on toast
- A simple (and simply delicious) squash, corn and bean stew
- A versatile paella deli salad
To help visitors and local residents learn more about the fabulous food produced here, the cookbook also contains:
- Inspiring interviews with the people behind some of South Devon’s best-loved producers. These include Duncan Schwabb, Head Winemaker at Sharpham Vineyard, and Ed Scott, Assistant Harvest Manager at Riverford Organic Farmers
- A directory of locally-oriented eateries, food and drink producers and other top foodie firms based in South Devon.